Friday, February 18, 2011

Playing Catch Up and Happy 7 Months to Paxton!

Hey guys!  I hope everyone has been well these past few days.  I am sorry that I haven't posted anything new in a while, but we have been a little busy.... with being sick!  Wow, I am ready for all this winter weather to be gone.  I feel like I say that a lot these days. 

Lets see... what all have we missed?  I missed Valentine's Day and Paxton turning 7 months.  I will do a separate post on Valentine's Day later. 

Michael and I had our Valentine's date early thank goodness.  My mom and dad gave us money and a babysitter ( my sister )  to go on a real live date!  We haven't had one of those in a while!  When Michael got off from work, we went to P.F. Changs.  I have been wanting Chinese food and since I am on a diet, Chinese is out of the question.  P.F. Chang has some things on their menu that are diet friendly food so I was glad to have that craving taken care of.  After our date, we conducted business as usual at Wal-Mart for grocery shopping.  We were home before 8.  Yes, that is the life that we live now... having dates that end before it gets dark outside.  It was nice though and I really appreciate the small amount of alone time that I get with Michael.  I am looking forward to our anniversary weekend in March.  We are going to Memphis for the weekend with NO KIDS!  Woohoo!  It will be my first time leaving Paxton and I will be 5 hours away.  Hmmm, maybe I need some nerve pills before we leave. 

Now, back to the sick part of our week. 

Anna Claire started getting a runny nose late last week.  We started her on some medicine that we had left over from the last time she had a cold.  She seemed to be getting better, but Michael and I decided to keep both Paxton and Anna Claire home from daycare on Friday just to make sure that she didn't get worse.  She seemed to be getting better so we sent her on to her grandparents for the weekend.  She was still sick on Monday and Paxton was getting sick too. We spent our Valentine's Day afternoon in the doctor's office with about 50 other sick kids.  Anna Claire ended up having Pneumonia and Paxton just had his usual Bronchitis or so we thought. 
Anna Claire had one dose of the medicine that they gave her and she was bouncing off the walls the next day, but my baby boy kept getting worse.  He started running a fever and not taking his bottles or juice at all.  We called twice to the doctors office and they kept saying that it was fine, up his breathing treatments.  We did, it didn't help.  Finally, Thursday morning I took him up there.  And.........  He has RSV.  I do know my baby.  I know that him not wanting a bottle is NOT normal and him running a fever is NOT normal. 
Thank goodness we did not end up in the hospital.  His oxygen levels are great and he is FINALLY taking some juice so he is wetting diapers.  I don't think I have ever been this excited about a wet diaper before! :)  I believe we are finally on the mend.  I appreciate everyones prayers that has been praying for us!







No comments:

Post a Comment