Thursday, January 6, 2011

A New Year

I hope everyone had a great New Year's.  I was hoping to start the new year off with everyone in my house sickness free.  I couldn't be so lucky.  Anna Claire came home from daycare Wednesday with the stomach bug and Michael got it Saturday.  Lovely.  BUT the good thing is that Paxton and I didn't get it.  So that is a plus!  I didn't make any resolutions this year.  I can never keep them anyway, so why bother :) ? 

Anna Claire started her new classroom on Monday.  She wasn't so sure about it at first.  There were only 2 other kids that moved up with her so she didn't really know anyone except for them.  I am usually kind of emotional when she gets promoted because it means she is growing up.  And that scares me.  This particular move though is getting her potty trained! Woohoo!  I can't say I am sad about that!  We had tried the whole training thing a while back before Paxton was born.  She was doing very good with it until he came.  She got bored with it and we got lazy.  She tells us when she needs to use the potty now so I think she is ready.  I had bought her a potty seat months ago and put it in the living room.  She seemed to use it better in there and I am all for whatever works.  Since she isn't using it as much, it has become sort of a toy for her.  I opened it the other day and there were puzzle pieces in there.  We may have to start over with a new one.  Who knows? 




Paxton is sitting up on his own now.  He is a little top heavy so when he gets excited or reaches too far for something, he falls over.  We have a couple of battle bumps from his falling over.  He is doing better with it though.  He wants to crawl so bad.  He looks at his sister running and you can just tell he is ready to be right there with her.  He also has two teeth now, and I am telling you that they HURT! :)  He is down to two breathing treatments a day, one in the morning and one right before he goes to bed.  He doesn't wheeze anymore and he has no cough.  Yay!  I just want him to stay a baby for a long time.  I do not need to get the baby fever any time soon!  Michael will say that I never need to get the fever again, but I disagree!  Someday, just not soon! 



No comments:

Post a Comment