Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Oh Christmas Tree!

I love the holidays BUT  I am glad that they are coming to an end this year.  Christmas got off to a rocky start for our little family of four.  Wednesday night, Paxton started running fever and he was wheezing again.  Michael and I decided for the third time this month that we should make one last trip ( or so we thought ) to the doctor's office before Christmas.  Our doctor diagnosed him as having Infantile Asthma and instead of using a spacer with an inhaler, we are now using a Nebulizer.  They put him back on the oral steroids, and are giving him another breathing treatment that is to make him stop wheezing.  We are going to have to keep him on that one until at least February.  Michael took Paxton and me home and then he went back to Walgreen's to pick of the prescription.  He called me on the way home to inform me that had we not had insurance, it would have cost a grand total of $600.00!  We only had to pay $20.00.  Thank you Lord for insurance.  I promise to never talk bad about the county's insurance ever again!  We thought that this was a fix for our little man, but no that would be too easy. Friday, Christmas Eve, he started running fever again and started throwing up.  At this point, we were getting a little frustrated.  Thank goodness the after hours clinic was open. We loaded up and took him.  He had an ear infection.  I had no idea that he could get a ear infection in one day!  She had just looked at his ears Thursday!  Jeez....  BUT he is on antibiotic for his ear infection, steroids and two different breathing treatments.  Praise the Lord, my baby feels so much better!  I missed my little big man. 


On a happier note, we had a wonderful wonderful Christmas!  Michael and I are so blessed to have two sets of family that are involved in our kids lives.  With that said, I am quite sure that Anna Claire and Paxton got WAY too many toys.  We also talked about cutting way back next year.  I went a little over board buying for Anna Claire this year.  I say "I" because Michael kept telling me that she had plenty.  These are the fun years to be a little girl: doll houses, barbies, dress up clothes, tea sets, I could go on and on!  I will say that I like her stuff as much as she does! 
























 
We hope that each of you had a wonderful Christmas!!!  We can't wait to see what 2011 has in store for our family! 

No comments:

Post a Comment