Monday, August 22, 2011

It's Coming!

 
I may be annoying people with my fall excitement, but seriously... who doesn't get a little bit excited about seeing pumpkins and fall flowers?! 

I have even been thinking about what my kiddos are going to be for Halloween.  This is also the time of year that I start my Christmas shopping.  I know I know... I am a little  lot early.  I like to be done with the shopping part of Christmas before December gets here.  Last year we were able to just enjoy the whole month which consisted of cookie baking, Polar Express watching, and light looking.  :) 







 
So, Paxton got tubes last Thursday.  We woke up before 5 that morning ( I ,of course, had to have make up and decent hair).  We grabbed Paxton and put him in the car before he could process being awake.  We arrived right before 6:30 at the Surgical Center.  He was one of three babies there for tubes.  They had him in a gown by 7:30.
 
 
The anesthesiologist came in and talked to us.  He explained that right after he wakes up there will be a period of about 30 minutes that he will be very irritable and disoriented.  I do not do well with anesthesia so I was certain that he would take after me.  The doctor and nurse came in to speak to us briefly.  The nurse took him from me and they left.  Michael and I went back in the waiting room and I promise you, we sat there for a total of like 10 minutes!  Seriously, it was super fast!  One family went on back the recovery area when their names were called, not us.  When they called us, we had to go to the conference room.  The doctor came in and told us that Pax had two ear infections.  SOOO thankful we did the tubes!  Then, we went to the recovery room to this:


This went on for exactly 30 minutes!  Then it was:

 
To this:
 
 
And then 30 more minutes later:
 
 
Then after a nice nap when we got home:
 
 
Harassing daddy.  Everyone told me how easy the procedure is, but I was a little ansy about it.  Now, I am excited for the winter to test those puppies out!
 
He went back to daycare Friday and did great!  Friday night Anna Claire and I had a girls night out.  We went to the store and I let her pick out her snacks for the next week of school.  She chose popcorn, fruit loops, and some cookies.  Don't worry, I will add healthy things in there too.  Then she bought her some Tinkerbell "Giggles" (goggles) for swimming.  I took her to eat and then we met my cousins at their hotel. 
 
 
Anna Claire loves Katelyn.  :)
 
 
 
We had a good night.  Saturday, my parents came up and brought a book shelf that my grandfather made.  We are using it in Anna Claire's room. I will have to post a picture of it soon. 
 
We have some exciting things coming up!  Mostly with church, Michael just put our deposit down for Winter Xtreme in Gatlinburg for New Year's Eve!  Yay!!!!
 
I hope everyone has a TERRIFIC week!!!!  I will leave you with some pictures that I took of my babies this morning.
 
 
 
And I don't know how I could have a bad day after looking at this:
 
 
Love this song!!!!
 














No comments:

Post a Comment